Business development manager – air mobility
Location: UK, Netherlands
By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. This introduces a new, complex web of security threats to people, lives, and connected cities.
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to help the boost our portfolio of key clients and build strategic partnerships, in order to cement our position as a trusted solutions provider in the Air Mobility industry. You will use your expertise to identify and execute innovative ways to qualify, engage and close clients, whilst maintaining relationships with existing clients. Reporting to the Director of Air Mobility, you will use your skillset to engage with clients about ANGOKA’s solutions and work with the technical team to shape proposals and propositions.
This role offers a high level of autonomy, combined with the opportunity for significant learning and professional development in a fast-paced industry, and would be ideal for professionals looking to develop their career at a fast-scaling start-up.
You will also have the rare opportunity at ANGOKA to work on projects with cryptography, quantum safe computing and a vast range of technology, from autonomous vehicles to drones. With the predicted rise of connected technology, the opportunities are endless!
What you will do:
- Build, engage with and qualify our pipeline of prospective clients and partners in the Air Mobility industry
- Build business by negotiating, selling and closing deals with clients
- Manage the sales cycle from qualifying prospects through to closures, whilst ensuring KPIs and targets are met
- Attend client meetings to understand their requirements, and respond effectively with tailored proposals
- Relay client insight and technological requirements back to internal stakeholders
- Communicate new product developments to prospective clients
- Nurture and build upon existing key client accounts
- Provide input on materials, content and other documents that showcase our solutions
- Attend and represent ANGOKA at national and international events
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years Business Development or Sales experience, or experience in a related field
- Strong contact base/knowledge in one or more of the following fields: UK Aviation Sector, Air Mobility, UTMs
- Proven experience of identifying, formulating and generating opportunities, and converting opportunities into projects and contracts
- An ambitious self-starter with the desire to grow in an exciting industry
- An agile, strategic mindset with solid problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Interpersonal skills and commercial acumen with a gift for persuasion, negotiation and building rapport
- Proficiency in CRM software and systems, or the ability to grasp a variety of platforms and systems quickly
- National and international travel will be involved
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.