By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. So, what does this mean for the security of critical systems we are surrounded by?
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for a Finance Manager to lead the financial department in our next stage of growth. You will be responsible for managing financial activities including, reporting and analysis, managing the cash flow and payments, developing business plans and working on our cost model.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with various stakeholders and be involved in multiple strands across the business. This role offers the opportunity for significant learning and professional development in a fast-paced industry, and would be ideal for an experienced professional looking to develop their career in a fast-scaling start-up.
What you will do:
- Oversee the day-to-day financial activities, such as invoicing, payroll, and bookkeeping
- Manage budgets, accounting, cash flow, and fulfil statutory financial duties
- Monthly and yearly financial accounting and reporting duties
- Additional administrative and financial duties as required
- Manage relationships and activities with stakeholders such as banks, auditors, tax authorities, bookkeeping firm and grant organisations
- Financial reporting, including reporting on loans, claims, VC investment funding, P&L, balance sheets, and other analysis (e.g., COGS)
- Oversee the submission of grant claims and applications, and project-related accounts
- Business and financial planning: develop strategic business plans and commercials
- Conduct cost modelling for our products and services, and provide insight on industry trends
- Financial analysis, including financial modelling and planning, scenario building and forecasting
- Implement financial processes, policies and financial controls
- Build the Finance team in line with company growth and emerging requirements
What we are looking for:
- Excellent numerical skills, and advanced Excel skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field, professional qualifications are a plus
- Strong demonstrable experience of financial and accounting tools and software
- Knowledge of financial forecasting and reporting, and tools used
- Solid understanding of financial regulations and legislations
- Strong commercial acumen with an analytical, strategic mindset and solid problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, and a high attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office, Google Workspace), with the ability to grasp a variety of platforms and systems quickly
- Solid communication and relationship building skills
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.