By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. So, what does this mean for the security of critical systems we are surrounded by?
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for a Financial Analyst to support our growing Finance function. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will provide support on areas such as business analytics, financial reporting, accounts and other financial duties.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in multiple strands across the business. This role offers the opportunity for significant learning and professional development in a fast-paced industry, and would be ideal for an early-stage professional looking to develop their career in a fast-scaling start-up.
What you will do:
- Support with Financial analysis, including financial modelling and forecasting
- Assist the company payment process, including invoices and expenses
- Monthly and yearly financial accounting and reporting duties
- Help fulfil statutory financial duties, such as PAYE, pension, VAT
- Cash flow management, and other bookkeeping tasks
- Grant support: assist with grant applications and the submission of grant claims
- Financial reporting: help compile information for claims, reports and other analysis (e.g., COGS)
- Business analysis: aid the creation of business plans and commercials
- Support business banking activities: maintaining relationships, handling line of credit and loan applications, and associated reporting
- Maintain accurate project-related records, including invoices, timesheets and overhead charges related to projects
- Adhere to relevant processes and contribute to the development of new processes as required (e.g., procurement)
- Additional administrative and financial duties as required, such as general office management
What we are looking for:
- An ambitious self-starter with the desire to grow in an exciting industry
- Strong numeracy skills, and advanced Excel skills
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar role
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field (or equivalent)
- An analytical, strategic mindset with solid problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, and a high attention to detail
- Experience with financial and accounting tools and software (e.g., Xero)
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office, Google Workspace), with the ability to grasp a variety of platforms and systems quickly
- Solid communication and writing skills, and strong relationship building skills
Don’t tick all the boxes? Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria. Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports
and represents our diverse society.