By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. This introduces a new, complex web of security threats to people, lives, and connected cities.
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for a Firmware Engineer to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions. As Firmware Engineer, you will work within our growing Engineering Team who are responsible for developing, implementing and testing cryptographic protocols and IP.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with various stakeholders and be involved in multiple strands across the business. This role offers the opportunity for significant professional development in a fast-paced industry, and would be ideal for an experienced professional looking to advance their career as a Firmware Engineer in a fast-scaling start-up.
You will also have the rare opportunity to work on projects with cryptography, quantum safe computing and a vast range of technology, from autonomous vehicles to drones. With the predicted rise of connected technology, the opportunities are endless!
What you will do:
- Develop and implement new firmware to a high standard
- Contribute to the creation of high-level specifications and design documents
- Work closely with other members of the engineering and security team to integrate firmware into ANGOKA’s solution
- Contribute to the creation of test plans
- Test the final product to ensure it is functional and meets requirements
- Contribute to the various stages in the accreditation of ANGOKA’s security solutions
- Evaluate and verify new technologies to advance ANGOKA’s solutions
What we are looking for:
- 1-2 years’ experience of developing firmware solutions
- A degree in engineering, computer science, or a related discipline (2:1 minimum)
- Demonstrable experience of firmware development for embedded systems in C/C++
- Experience with microcontroller interfaces, including one or more of the following: UART, I2C, SPI, QSPI, Ethernet, RS232
- Experience with microcontroller peripherals, including one or more of the following: timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA, interrupts
- Some experience in debugging and fault finding
- Interest in Hardware Security
- Self-starter, problem solver and keen to explore new technologies
- Good verbal and written technical English communications skills
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.