IT & Systems Administrator
IT & Systems Administrator
By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. So, what does this mean for the security of critical systems we are surrounded by?
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for an enthusiastic, results-oriented lT and Systems Administrator with a can-do attitude and thirst for IT to join some of the industry’s brightest minds, dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions.
As IT and Systems Administrator, you will ensure the availability and integrity of the business’ digital infrastructure from devices, networks, systems and applications. You will be responsible for day to day administrative functions such as System Maintenance, IT Administration, Security Administration and Backup Recovery, MSP Liaison, IT Project Support and more.
This role offers the opportunity for significant learning and professional development in a fast-paced industry, and would be ideal for an early stage professional, looking to develop their career in a fast-scaling start-up.
What you will do:
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain business critical systems and IT assets, such as laptops, network equipment, servers, printers, mobile phones and enterprise applications
- Create and maintain users’ accounts on all business-critical systems
- Manage the administration of all business critical-systems
- Monitor and manage business critical assets and systems performance to ensure high-availability, data integrity and business continuity
- Collate and maintain accurate IT and system performance metrics
- Provide on-premise and remote 1st and 2nd line IT Support for all users across the multiple business sites
- Review, manage, update and maintain the accuracy of IT assets and critical systems information within the business assets and systems registry database
- Process requests for new IT equipment, services and software, and maintain accurate records
- Work closely with business and technology unit managers to agree necessary IT stock levels
- Work closely with the CTO and operations team to support the organisation, adhering to and complying with the ITIL framework
- Implement, monitor and manage the business access control and acceptable use policies and procedures
- Monitor and manage IT and network assets’ end point security
- Implement, monitor and manage the business back-up and business continuity policies and controls
What we are looking for:
- 1-2 years’ commercial IT and System administration experience
- Demonstrable experience in Windows and Mac Desktop administration and troubleshooting general PCs and printers
- Good experience in administering and supporting business applications on-premise or the cloud, such as: MS Office, One Drive, MS Teams, SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Google Workspace, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux servers and Active Directory
- Good knowledge of networking concepts, wired and wireless networks, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and VPNs
- Demonstrable Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support experience
- Understanding of Cyber-Security/data protection concepts, including firewalls, antivirus, email security etc.
- An ambitious self-starter and problem solver, with excellent attention to detail and an analytical mindset
- Results oriented with good organisation and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
One or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, information systems or equivalent
- CompTIA – A+ Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft System Administrator Certification
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports
and represents our diverse society.