Role: Programme Manager
We’re an IoT security company focused on protecting M2M communications for Smart Cities and Mobility. Headquartered in Belfast, with offices in London and The Hague, we have developed solutions that protect devices’ identities. With an increase of inherently insecure networks coming online with the boom of IoT, our solutions safeguard critical machine-to-machine communication integrity and data provenance, creating trusted connections, even in untrustworthy networks.
Since our formation, we have been moving at a high speed. We have been named as the Top Cyber Security company in NI, ranked 4th in NI’s Top 50 Tech companies, and nominated for Start-up of the Year. We’re also one of the Top 3 Hottest Space Tech start-ups in Europe! Our ground-breaking technology has led us to be the only cybersecurity company to win a place on Zenzic’s CAM Scale-Up Programme, and we are proud alumnus of Tech Nation’s Cyber 2.0, Seraphim Space Camp and YES!Delft. We are also the first (and only!) NI cyber security company to be a part of the NCSC Cyber Accelerator.
To achieve our goal at Angoka, we’re growing our gifted, talented and international team. We aim to combine the best business and technical brains, to build a workplace where we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for an experienced Programme Manager who will assist with a portfolio of projects for Angoka. As Programme Manager, you will gain an in-depth understanding of Angoka’s solution and our research efforts, and support several well-funded and highly competitive grant projects as well as commercial projects.
You will also assist with identifying and submitting applications to win innovation funding that will further advance the research and development of our solution. Reporting directly to the Head of Research & Development, you will be responsible for coordinating multiple projects and optimising the overall administrative process, whilst ensuring accurate financial management, auditing and reporting.
- Supporting multiple projects and grants throughout their life cycle, and reviewing timelines and deliverables for our various technical R&D projects
- Structuring and setting up the processes for writing and updating project plans, risk registers
- Managing requirements analysis across the portfolio, and communicate those
to the technical teams
- Generating and maintaining reports on resources based on funding, personnel, and timescales, for each grant
- Financial management: including budget control, documenting payments and
expenditure, and preparing financial reports
- Preparing reports for claims processes: working with our accountants and
bookkeepers to ensure information is accurate and audited correctly
- Optimising the administrative process, and creating and maintaining our
internal grant database
- Ensuring compliance with grant regulations and audits
- Assist with writing, reviewing and submitting proposals which convey Angoka’s solution, goals and strategy
- Ensuring all associated documentation is of the highest standard
- Researching and identifying future grant funding opportunities, and tracking applications
- Communicating status updates to senior management throughout project life cycles
- Additional financial controller duties as necessary
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field (for example Cyber Security, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science)
- 2-5 years of programme (incl. financial) management experience, or experience in a related field
- Experience of managing multi-million project portfolios across 10-100
resources in a matrix organisation
- Deep experience of project/programme management tools and collaborative
environments such as MS Project, JIRA etc.
- Excellent numerical skills, with an analytical mindset
- Willingness to take ultimate responsibility for delivery of projects with proven
ability to carry through
- Proficiency in financial software and systems such as Xero, Excel etc.
- Strong IT skills, with the ability to grasp a variety of platforms and systems
- Excellent organisational skills, and a high attention to detail
- Strong written skills, with the ability to review proposals and documentation
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Knowledge of grant funding sector and relevant grant distributors is desirable
Angoka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At Angoka, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.