By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. So, what does this mean for the security of critical systems we are surrounded by?
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for a Project Assistant to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions. As Project Assistant, you will aid the project management team at ANGOKA, working across multiple R&D projects in embedded systems development, including hardware and software environments.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with various stakeholders and gain valuable experience into Project Management. This role offers the opportunity for significant learning and professional development in a fast-paced industry, and would be ideal for a recent graduate or early-stage professional looking to develop their career in a fast-scaling start-up.
You will also have the rare opportunity to work on projects with cryptography, quantum safe computing and a vast range of technology, from autonomous vehicles to drones. With the predicted rise of connected technology, the opportunities are endless!
What you will do:
- Work across multiple concurrent short and long-term R&D and client specific projects
- Assist the Project Manager (PM) and project management function with logistical and administrative tasks
- Create and update project documentation including: project plans, action logs, risk registry, budget sheets, reports, presentations and other documentation
- Manage project-related payment processes, such as ordering equipment
- Functional support, such as scheduling meetings, maintaining notes and files, and producing correspondence and documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist the monitoring of project performance, reporting and status updates, whilst creating weekly and monthly reporting documents to be reviewed by the PM
- Communicate with stakeholders to collate information for documents and reports
- Update and maintain internal systems, records and databases
- Adhere to relevant processes and contribute to the development of new processes as required
- Additional administrative and operational duties where necessary
What we are looking for:
- An ambitious self-starter, with the desire to develop a career in an exciting industry
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field (or equivalent)
- Eager to learn and grow, including learning technical concepts to better understand the company and team
- An analytical mind, with the ability to think strategically and demonstrate proactive problem solving
- Strong IT skills with the ability to grasp a variety of platforms and systems (e.g., MS Office, Google Workspace, MS Project Management, Trello, Jira, Confluence, Miro)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, and a high attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a similar role is desirable
- Project Management qualifications (e.g., Prince2 or PMI) is advantageous
- Passion for IoT technologies, Smart Cities and cyber-security is a plus
Don’t tick all the boxes? Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria. Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.