By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. So, what does this mean for the security of critical systems we are surrounded by?
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for a Project Manager to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions. As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the project management function in ANGOKA, working across multiple projects in embedded systems development, including hardware and software environments. You will work closely with our talented technical team, senior management and key clients/collaborators, including global leaders, government bodies, research centres, and universities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning start-up and establish yourself in a fast-paced and exciting industry. You will also have the rare opportunity to work on projects with cryptography, quantum safe computing and a vast range of technology, from autonomous vehicles to drones. With the predicted rise of connected technology, the opportunities are endless!
What you will do:
- Using various methodologies, manage project lifecycles from the design phase to the delivery phase
- Work across several concurrent short and long-term technical projects
- Collaborate with project technical leads in order to define project tasks, work packages, resources and timelines, to drive forward successful outcomes
- Design and develop detailed project plans and action logs to track the progress of each project
- Identify and manage project risks and issues and develop robust mitigation actions
- Prepare project proposals and develop project plans, schedules and budgets
- Define successful metrics for projects and monitor progress
- Support the budget management of projects
- Design and create a system for project documentation tracking and requests
- Liaise with various stakeholders including project leads, technical teams and senior management to ensure project objectives and deadlines are met
- Build and manage effective relationships with project stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years’ demonstrable experience managing and delivering end-to-end project management lifecycles for technology projects
- Appreciation of high-level technical aspects of technology system development
- Demonstrate an aptitude for and understanding of managing short term research projects
- Experience setting, managing and delivering against budgets, including actual project costs, identifying variances, and reforecasting as required
- Understanding of project reporting principles and best practice
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project Management (or similar), MS Office (especially Excel, Visio), Trello, Jira, Confluence and Miro or Mural
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and excellent business acumen to manage multiple stakeholders and client relationships
- Excellent organisational skills, and a high attention to detail
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field
- Project Management qualification such as Prince2 or PMI is advantageous
- Experience managing embedded systems projects is advantageous
- Experience working on R&D projects is advantageous
Don’t tick all the boxes? Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria. Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.