SEcurity Engineer – Cryptography
Location: London, Belfast, The Hague
Role: Security Engineer – Cryptography
We’re a IoT security company focused on protecting M2M communications for Smart Cities and Mobility. Headquartered in Belfast, with offices in London and The Hague, we have developed solutions that protect devices’ identities. With an increase of inherently insecure networks coming online with the boom of IoT, our solutions safeguard critical machine-to-machine communication integrity and data provenance, creating trusted connections, even in untrustworthy networks.
Since our formation, we have been moving at a high speed. We have been named as the Top Cyber Security company in NI, ranked 4th in NI’s Top 50 Tech companies, and nominated for Start-up of the Year. We’re also one of the Top 3 Hottest Space Tech start-ups in Europe! Our ground-breaking technology has led us to be the only cybersecurity company to win a place on Zenzic’s CAM Scale-Up Programme, and we are proud alumnus of Tech Nation’s Cyber 2.0, Seraphim Space Camp and YES!Delft. We are also the first (and only!) NI cyber security company to be a part of the NCSC Cyber Accelerator.
We are entering an exciting phase of growth, and to achieve our goals we are seeking to develop our gifted, talented and international team. We aim to combine the best business and technical brains, to build a workplace where we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for a Security Engineer in Cryptography (Cryptographer), who loves challenges and has a research-oriented mindset. You will help develop ground-breaking research into commercially viable and reliable, authentication and encryption products. You will support our research efforts around IoT Security, the Identity of Things (IDoT), Machine-to Machine (M2M) communication security and authentication, zero-trust networks and zero-knowledge systems.
You will report to the Security Lead and Engineering Lead. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the design of cryptographic protocols
- Collaborate with colleagues on the implementation of cryptographic primitives and protocols
- Contribute to the development, testing and implementation of countermeasures to protect against side channel analysis and well-known attacks against cryptographic protocols
- Contribute to technical design specifications
- Contribute to the production of technical sheets, white papers, blog posts, and conference papers
- Support research colleagues in conducting their cryptographic research
- Liaise with the Engineering Team to ease the transition of the research pieces of code, into robust production software fully integrated within our hardware security module
- Keep up with new research in the space, in particular: post-quantum cryptography, zero-knowledge, privacy preserving technologies and confidential computing
- Qualified to at least an MSc degree in cyber security, cryptography, mathematics, computer science, or any other subject with substantial mathematical content
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cyber security fundamentals
- Strong applied cryptographic skills and experience
- Outstanding algorithmic thinking
- Experience with system programming using either C, C++ or Python
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly in both written and spoken English
- Self-starter, team player, with a hard-working personality and a strong drive to complete projects on time and deliver the promised outcomes
- Curious mind and keen to learn and develop their security knowledge
- A PhD in cryptography, cyber security, mathematics, physics or a related field is a bonus
- Limitless growth and development, working in a fast-paced international environment
- The opportunity to be mentored by some of the industry’s top subject matter experts
- The chance to travel across the business R&D centers in Northern Ireland, England, Wales, The Netherlands, Germany and Japan
- Free hot and cold beverages and snacks in the office
- Equity (Stock Options)
Training & Development
At Angoka we’re proud of our inclusive and supportive working environment that’s designed to encourage open minds and help you fulfil your potential. We offer comprehensive training and development opportunities, tailored to the requirements of your work and your personal needs and we’ll enable you to flourish in your role and perform to the very best of your abilities. All new starters will have access to substantial internal training, covering both security and technological topics, and will be assigned a mentor upon joining.
Angoka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
At Angoka, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.