senior embedded software Engineer
By 2025, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. So, what does this mean for the security of critical systems we are surrounded by?
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine to machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum secure solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even in untrustworthy networks.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions.
As Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will provide technical mentorship to a multi-disciplinary team whilst developing, implementing and testing unique cryptographic protocols and IP.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving start-up and establish yourself as a leader in a fast-paced and exciting industry.
You will also have the rare opportunity in NI to work on projects with cryptography, quantum computing and a vast range of technology, from autonomous vehicles to drones. With the predicted rise of connected technology, the opportunities are endless!
What you will do:
- Develop and implement embedded software to a production ready level
- Create high-level software specifications and design documents
- Provide technical mentorship to the Embedded Software team
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to determine embedded software requirements and deliver high-quality technical analysis, reports, and presentations
- Test and verify existing and new concepts and principles used within ANGOKA’s products to ensure they are functional and meets requirements
- Manage and contribute to the various stages in the accreditation of ANGOKA’s security solutions by national and international standards and government bodies
- Attend and deliver talks at industry events relevant to ANGOKA
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience developing embedded systems solutions using C++
- Demonstrable experience of software development and architectural design
- Recent experience of developing for embedded Linux based systems
- Experience working with Cortex and x86 based hardware and relevant compilers
- Proven hands-on experience with debugging and fault finding
- Strong communication skills to disseminate complex topics clearly and concisely including excellent verbal and written technical English
Nice to haves:
- A degree in electronic engineering, computer science or a related discipline
- Experience programming in C or Python
- Knowledge of cyber security
- Relevant experience in any of the following areas:
- Unmanned aerial systems
- Autonomous vehicles
- Telecoms, particularly 4G
Don’t tick all the boxes? Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria. Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.