senior Firmware Engineer
Senior Firmware Engineer
By 2025, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. So, what does this mean for the security of critical systems we are surrounded by?
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum resistant solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even in untrustworthy networks.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for a seasoned engineer, with experience of designing and architecting firmware, to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions.
As Senior Firmware Engineer, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team developing, implementing and testing unique cryptographic protocols and IP.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning, thriving start-up and establish yourself as a leader in a fast-paced and exciting industry.
You will have the rare opportunity in NI to work on projects with cryptography and a vast range of technology, from connected and autonomous vehicles to drones. With the predicted rise of connected technology, the opportunities are endless!
What you will do:
- Develop and implement firmware to a production ready level
- Create high-level specifications and design documents
- Test the final product to ensure it is functional and meets requirements
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to determine firmware requirements
- Contribute to the various stages in the accreditation of ANGOKA’s solutions
- Test and verify new and existing concepts and principles used within ANGOKA’s products
- Deliver high-quality technical analysis, reports, and presentations to senior management, external shareholders and clients
- Mentor and support other members of the Firmware Team
- Attend and deliver talks at industry seminars and conferences and other events relevant to ANGOKA
What skills you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in architectural design and development of firmware
- Recent experience developing in C for embedded systems
- Recent experience developing for bare metal and RTOS
- Experience with interfaces such as UART, I2C, SPI, QSPI, Ethernet, RS232
- Experience with microcontroller peripherals such as timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA and interrupts.
- Experience of ARM Cortex hardware and relevant compilers
- Proven hands-on experience with debugging and fault finding
- Ability to engage with other technical experts and incorporate their feedback into broader technical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written technical English with the ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Eager to embrace opportunities and take ownership for projects
- Experience programming embedded systems in C++ and/or Python
- Experience of interfacing to industry standard secure elements e.g. HSMs & TPMs
- Knowledge of cyber security
Don’t tick all the boxes? Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria. Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.