technical pre-sales engineer
Technical Pre-Sales Engineer
Location: UK, Netherlands
By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. So, what does this mean for the security of critical systems we are surrounded by?
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for an experienced Technical Pre-Sales Engineer to support ANGOKA’s sales and development activities within the Smart Cities and Mobility, and Air Mobility industries. Partnering with various
internal and external stakeholders, you will be a product and technology expert, and will work to define our solutions to meet the technical requirements of our portfolio of clients. Supporting our Business Development function throughout the sales cycle, you will play an integral role in the development of ANGOKA’s pre-sales capability.
This role offers a high level of autonomy, combined with the opportunity for significant learning and professional development in a fast-paced industry, and would be ideal for professionals looking to develop their career at a fast-scaling start-up.
You will also have the rare opportunity at ANGOKA to work on projects with cryptography, quantum safe computing and a vast range of technology, from autonomous vehicles to drones. With the predicted rise of connected technology, the opportunities are endless!
What you will do:
- Support the Business Development team with customer-facing technical pre-sales assistance to secure opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with ANGOKA’s internal teams to develop tailored solutions and proposals
- Contribute to the creation of sales pitches to demonstrate the benefits of our solution for the given target or opportunity
- Manage the technical aspects of RFP/RFI responses
- Support other grant and bidding processes
- Act as the bridge between the technology and sales teams, supporting sales and relaying client feedback from the market back into ANGOKA
- Translate complex business requirements into workable technical solutions
- Attend pre-sales and scoping meetings
- Lead and deliver bespoke technical presentations and demonstrations
- Attend and represent ANGOKA at customer facing events
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience in pre-technical sales or similar role
- Demonstrable experience working in a fast-paced B2B sales environment
- Strong commercial and sales acumen
- An ambitious self-starter with the desire to grow in an exciting industry
- An agile, strategic mindset with solid problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail
- Proven experience of identifying, formulating and generating opportunities, and converting opportunities into projects and contracts
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex technical topics clearly and concisely
- Proficiency in CRM software and systems, or the ability to grasp a variety of platforms and systems quickly
- National and international travel will be involved
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.