Entry-Level Hardware Engineer
Role: Entry-Level Hardware Engineer
We’re an IoT cyber security start-up, based in Belfast, with offices in London and The Hague. Our goal is to revolutionise the safety and resilience of machine-to-machine (M2M) communications of the future. With 1 trillion connected devices by 2025, the cyber security threat will increase exponentially. At Angoka, our innovative technology creates trust between devices to allow secure communication over zero trust networks.
Since our formation, we have been moving at a high speed. We have already been named as the Top Cyber Security company in NI, ranked 4th in NI’s Top 50 Tech companies, and nominated for Start-up of the Year. We’re also one of the Top 3 Hottest Space Tech start-ups in Europe! Our ground-breaking technology has also led us to be a part of prestigious programmes, such as Tech Nation’s Cyber 2.0, and Seraphim Space Camp. We are the first (and only!) NI cyber security company to be a part of the NCSC Cyber Accelerator.
To achieve our goal, we’re growing our gifted, talented and international team. We aim to combine the best business and technical brains, to build a workplace where we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for an ambitious Entry Level Hardware Engineer, to join our growing team and help us develop leading edge technologies and hardware products that fuel our future growth. As an Entry Level Hardware Engineer, you will work within the Engineering Team and report directly to the Engineering Lead. You will be involved in the entire product life cycle, designing new security hardware products.
- Electronic design and schematic capture
- Printed circuit board layout
- Board bring up and testing
- Participation in design reviews
- Undertake regulatory and compliance testing
- Generate high quality design documents, validation plans and application guides
- HNC/HND in electrical/electronic engineering, or equivalent
- Some practical experience of PCB design and layout
- Knowledge and experience of C programming language
- Appreciation of embedded microprocessor systems
- Some practical experience of electronic test tools
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills
Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria.
Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
Angoka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At Angoka, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.