Role: Firmware Engineer
We’re a IoT security company focused on protecting M2M communications for Smart Cities and Mobility. Headquartered in Belfast, with offices in London and The Hague, we have developed solutions that protect devices’ identities. With an increase of inherently insecure networks coming online with the boom of IoT, our solutions safeguard critical machine-to-machine communication integrity and data provenance, creating trusted connections, even in untrustworthy networks.
Since our formation, we have been moving at a high speed. We have been named as the Top Cyber Security company in NI, ranked 4th in NI’s Top 50 Tech companies, and nominated for Start-up of the Year. We’re also one of the Top 3 Hottest Space Tech start-ups in Europe! Our ground-breaking technology has led us to be the only cybersecurity company to win a place on Zenzic’s CAM Scale-Up Programme, and we are proud alumnus of Tech Nation’s Cyber 2.0, Seraphim Space Camp and YES!Delft. We are also the first (and only!) NI cyber security company to be a part of the NCSC Cyber Accelerator.
We are entering an exciting phase of growth, and to achieve our goals we are seeking to develop our gifted, talented and international team. We aim to combine the best business and technical brains, to build a workplace where we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for a Firmware Engineer to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions. You will report directly to the Engineering Lead and will work within our Engineering Team who are responsible for developing, implementing and testing cryptographic protocols and IP.
What you will do
- Developing and implementing firmware to a production ready level
- Creating high-level specifications and design documents
- Testing the final product to ensure it is functional and meets requirements
- Contribute to the various stages in the accreditation of Angoka’s security solutions
- Test and verify new concepts and principles used within Angoka’s products
- Minimum 2 years experience of developing firmware solutions
- A degree in electronic engineering, computer science, software engineering, or a related discipline (2:1 minimum)
- Demonstrable experience of firmware development
- Experience in developing for embedded systems in C or C++
- Experience of developing for bare metal and RTOS
- Experience with microcontroller interfaces, including one or more of the following UART, I2C, SPI, QSPI, Ethernet, RS232
- Experience with microcontroller peripherals, including one or more of the following timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA, interrupts
- Experience of ARM Cortex hardware and relevant compilers
- Proven hands-on experience with debugging and fault finding
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Eager to embrace opportunities and take ownership for projects
- Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills
Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria.
Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
Angoka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
At Angoka, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.