Senior Embedded Software Engineer – automotive
Location: Belfast, London
Role: Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Automotive
We’re an IoT security company focused on protecting M2M communications for Smart Cities and Mobility. Headquartered in Belfast, with offices in London and The Hague, we have developed solutions that protect devices’ identities. With an increase of inherently insecure networks coming online with the boom of IoT, our solutions safeguard critical machine-to-machine communication integrity and data provenance, creating trusted connections, even in untrustworthy networks.
Since our formation, we have been moving at a high speed. We have been named as the Top Cyber Security company in NI, ranked 4th in NI’s Top 50 Tech companies, and nominated for Start-up of the Year. We’re also one of the Top 3 Hottest Space Tech start-ups in Europe! Our ground-breaking technology has led us to be the only cybersecurity company to win a place on Zenzic’s CAM Scale-Up Programme, and we are proud alumnus of Tech Nation’s Cyber 2.0, Seraphim Space Camp and YES!Delft. We are also the first (and only!) NI cyber security company to be a part of the NCSC Cyber Accelerator.
To achieve our goal at Angoka, we’re growing our gifted, talented and international team. We aim to combine the best business and technical brains, to build a workplace where we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer, with automotive experience, to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions. You will report directly to the Engineering Lead and will work within our Embedded Software team who are responsible for developing, implementing and testing cryptographic protocols and IP.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine embedded software requirements
- Creating high-level embedded software specifications and design documents
- Developing and implementing embedded software to a high level
- Providing technical leadership to the team
- Testing the final product to ensure it is completely functional and meets requirements
- Manage and contribute to the various stages in the accreditation of Angoka’s security solutions by national and international standard and governmental bodies
- Test and verify new concepts and principles used within Angoka’s products for embedded systems
- Provide technical expertise and advice on embedded systems across a range of industries, such as automotive, industrial, IoTl and medtech, including developing knowledge and experience of junior team members
- Deliver high-quality technical analysis, reports, and presentations to senior management, external shareholders and clients
- Attend and deliver talks at industry seminars and conferences and other events relevant to Angoka
- Demonstrable experience of software development and architectural design for production ECUs
- Strong knowledge and experience of the automotive environment and ECU development
- Strong knowledge and experience in common automotive communication methods, such as CAN, Flexray, Automotive Ethernet, etc, and use of standard diagnostic tools
- Good knowledge of the AUTOSAR standard and common automotive stacks
- Experience in writing software in compliance with ISO 26262
- Recent experience of programming in C and/or C++
- At least 5 years’ experience of developing embedded systems for automotive based platforms
- A degree in electronic engineering, computer science, software engineering, or a related discipline (2:1 minimum)
- Proven hands-on experience with debugging and fault finding
- Good knowledge of cyber security is desirable, but not essential
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and/or Python is desirable, but not essential
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills
Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria.
Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
Angoka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At Angoka, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.