Senior Embedded Software Engineer – automotive
Location: Belfast, London
Role: Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Automotive
We’re an IoT cyber security start-up, based in Belfast, with offices in London and The Hague. Our goal is to revolutionise the safety and resilience of machine-to-machine (M2M) communications of the future. With 1 trillion connected devices by 2025, the cyber security threat will increase exponentially. At Angoka, our innovative technology creates trust between devices to allow secure communication over zero trust networks.
Since our formation, we have been moving at a high speed. We have already been named as the Top Cyber Security company in NI, ranked 4th in NI’s Top 50 Tech companies, and nominated for Start-up of the Year. We’re also one of the Top 3 Hottest Space Tech start-ups in Europe! Our ground-breaking technology has also led us to be a part of prestigious programs, such as Tech Nation’s Cyber 2.0, and Seraphim Space Camp. We are the first (and only!) NI cyber security company to be a part of the NCSC Cyber Accelerator.
To achieve our goal, we’re growing our gifted, talented and international team. We aim to combine the best business and technical brains, to build a workplace where we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer, with broad experience, to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions. You will report directly to the Engineering Lead and will work within our Embedded Software team who are responsible for developing, implementing and testing cryptographic protocols and IP.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine embedded software requirements
- Creating high-level embedded software specifications and design documents
- Developing and implementing embedded software to a high level
- Providing technical leadership to the team
- Testing the final product to ensure it is completely functional and meets requirements
- Manage and contribute to the various stages in the accreditation of Angoka’s security solutions by national and international standard and governmental bodies
- Test and verify new concepts and principles used within Angoka’s products for embedded systems
- Provide technical expertise and advice on embedded systems across a range of industries, such as automotive, industrial, IoTl and medtech, including developing knowledge and experience of junior team members
- Deliver high-quality technical analysis, reports, and presentations to senior management, external shareholders and clients
- Attend and deliver talks at industry seminars and conferences and other events relevant to Angoka
- 5-10 years experience of developing embedded systems from bare-metal to RTOS and embedded Linux based platforms
- A degree in electronic engineering, computer science, software engineering, or a related discipline (2:1 minimum)
- Demonstrable experience of software development and architectural design
- Recent experience of programming in C and C++
- Proven hands-on experience with debugging and fault finding
- Strong knowledge and experience of the automotive environment and ECU development
- Strong knowledge and experience in common automotive communication methods, such as CAN, Flexray, Automotive Ethernet, etc, and use of standard diagnostic tools
- Proven ability to engage and work with other technical experts and incorporate their input and feedback into broader technical solutions.
- Good knowledge of cyber security would be an advantage
- Solid working knowledge of MATLAB and/or Python would be an advantage
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills
Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria.
Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for an equivalent higher-level position.
Angoka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At Angoka, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.