Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Belfast, London
Role: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
We are a VC backed cybersecurity start-up founded on groundbreaking research that harnesses the power of decentralised hardware authentication and encryption.
We operate at the intersection of real-time computing, high-performance technologies and cybersecurity within connected vehicles, Industry 4.0, smart cities and IoT devices.
Angoka is building the last line of defence for the Internet of Everything.
Why you should apply
- Excellent career development opportunities. We fully expect that the successful candidate will move into a lead role within an accelerated time frame.
- Exciting, dynamic and vibrant work environment, with an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing start-up with an international outlook
- A chance to work on some of the most interesting problems in connected technology, IoT, Industry 4.0, Autonomous Vehicles and Quantum technologies.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, with broad experience, to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions.
As the Senior Embedded Software Engineer you will work within a team of 6 software engineers and cryptographers. Based in Belfast and reporting directly to the Engineering Lead you will work within our Embedded Software team who are responsible for developing, implementing and testing cryptographic protocols and IP. You will also engage directly with the Senior Management Team.
- Lead and contribute to all stages in the development and delivery of critical elements of Angoka’s security products and solutions to protect against common attacks on embedded systems and communication buses
- Engage with the Senior Management Team and contribute to company strategic decisions regarding technology and deployment of our solutions.
- Test and verify new concepts and principles used within Angoka’s products for embedded systems
- Provide technical expertise and advice on embedded systems across a range of industries, such as automotive, industria, IoTl and medtech, including developing knowledge and experience of junior team members
- Identify and develop research into future concepts for security and safety through engagement with industry and subject matter experts
- Manage and contribute to the various stages in the accreditation of Angoka’s security solutions by national and international standard and governmental bodies
- Deliver high-quality technical analysis, reports, and presentations to senior management, external shareholders and customers
- Attend and deliver talks at industry seminars and conferences and other events relevant to Angoka
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-10 years experience of developing embedded systems including bare-metal to high level RTOS.
- A degree in electronic engineering, computer science, software engineering, or a related discipline (2:1 minimum)
- Proven experience of programming in C and C++
- Proven hands-on experience with debugging and fault finding
- Strong knowledge and experience of the automotive environment and ECU development
- Strong knowledge and experience in common communication methods, such as CAN, IP, RS232 etc, and use of standard diagnostic tools
- Proven ability to engage and work with other technical experts and incorporate their input and feedback into broader technical solutions.
- Good knowledge of cyber security and/or OT (operational technology) security would be an advantage
- Solid working knowledge of MATLAB and/or Python would be an advantage
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills
Significant related experience may be considered in mitigation of unmet criteria.
Applicants who exceed criteria may be considered for equivalent higher-level position.