Principal Hardware Engineer
By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. This introduces a new, complex web of security threats to people, lives, and connected cities.
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
As we continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, we are looking for a Principal Hardware Engineer to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions. As Principal Hardware Engineer, you will provide technical expertise to a multi-disciplinary team whilst being involved in the entire product life cycle for our cutting-edge security hardware solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with various stakeholders and be involved in multiple strands across the business. This role offers the opportunity for significant learning and professional development in a fast-paced industry, and would be ideal for an experienced professional looking to develop their career in a fast-scaling start-up.
You will also have the rare opportunity to work on projects with cryptography, quantum safe computing and a vast range of technology, from autonomous vehicles to drones. With the predicted rise of connected technology, the opportunities are endless!
What you will do:
- Design and develop hardware architecture and technical solutions in line with customers’ requirements
- Analyse product hardware, software, architecture and regulatory requirements
- Manage the development of product hardware architecture and design
- Manage early engagement with clients and offer guidance and support for ANGOKA’s solutions
- Create and provide product’s Bill of Material (BOM) and costs to the procurement team
- Work with the product and engineering team on developing and managing Product Lifecycle (PLM) and cost modelling
- Identify re-use subsystems both hardware and firmware across ANGOKA products and solutions
- Collaborate and assist fellow principal and technical leads in developing future ANGOKA security products and solutions
- Provide guidance and technical mentorship to the engineering team
- Advise on technical challenges and issues to the product team, senior management and technical leads.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years practical experience in hardware design
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software design tools, practices and processes
- An ambitious self-starter, with the desire to further their career in an exciting industry
- Degree in Electrical and Electronic engineering
- Solid experience in commercial development of hardware and software products and solutions within one or more of the following areas:
o Networking and Communication
o Industrial systems
o Defence and Security
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present and communicate complex technical concepts and information to peers and senior management
Nice to haves:
- A Masters or doctoral degree in Electrical and Electronic engineering
- Background in secure wireless and wired communications
- Knowledge of cyber security
Angoka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At Angoka, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.