Embedded software/Firmware engineer
Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer
By 2035, it is estimated that a colossal 1 trillion connected devices will be live across the globe. This introduces a new, complex web of security threats to people, lives, and connected cities.
At ANGOKA, we are focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Our ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
“Smart”, innovative systems that are not trustworthy will fail to gain the confidence of users and will not be adopted commercially. Fortunately, commercial deployment and the consequent social and economic benefits of these systems can be unlocked by ANGOKA’s high-grade, quantum-safe cyber-security solutions.
Why join our talented team:
We are looking for an Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer to join some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions. You will work within our growing Engineering Team who are responsible for developing, implementing, and testing unique cryptographic protocols and technologies. As we are continuously pushing the boundaries in our field of expertise, you will have the chance to experience and introduce new technologies, drive our solutions in new directions and push yourself to reach your own career goals with our support.
You will also have the rare opportunity in NI to work on projects with cryptography, quantum computing and a vast range of technology, from autonomous vehicles to drones. With the help and support of our software and firmware teams, the opportunities for you are endless!
What you will do:
- Work with the software/firmware teams to develop embedded solutions
- Contribute to the creation of high-level specifications
- Design and implement embedded software components
- Contribute to the creation of test plans
- Test the final product including your components to ensure they are functional and meet the requirements
- Contribute to the various stages in the accreditation of ANGOKA’s security solutions
- Stay informed of, evaluate and verify new technologies to advance the ANGOKA solution
- Work closely with other members of the engineering and security team to integrate embedded software into the ANGOKA solution
What we are looking for:
- 1-2 years’ software development experience
- A degree in engineering, computer science, or a related discipline (2:1 minimum)
- Experience in programming in an object-oriented language
- Experience with debugging and fault finding
- Self-starter, problem solver and keen to explore new technologies
- Good verbal and written technical English communications skills
- An interest in security
It would be great if you had any of the following, but not essential:
- C/C++ or Python experience
- Experience of automated test and build environment
- Experience of developing with embedded Linux systems
ANGOKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At ANGOKA, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.